maybe walmart in norton. I thought someone said so. what is the deal with nitrogen inflated tires anyway?
Any places in the Wise/Lee area do it?
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
maybe walmart in norton. I thought someone said so. what is the deal with nitrogen inflated tires anyway?
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
They run cooler and the tread lasts longer. They balance easier too.
They're supposedly a bit lighter and will help your tires stay inflated at the right measure no matter what the weather, though it's not really proven and if it does what it's supposed to, the effects aren't that massive. I was told they did them at most places, but wanted me to at the dealership, figured they were just trying to get more money. Considering the air we breathe is near 80% nitrogen in the first place, really don't see it helping that much at all. Though I'm sure it wouldn't hurt and it could only help, that is if it does make a difference at all.
Doesn't really make that much difference in streetcars. Nitrogen doesn't expand when heated as regular air does in tires and thus when you inflate them to the right pressure it will stay that pressure when driving when the tire heats up. It is used in racecars so they can regulate the pressure to the 1/8 pound and keep the tire diameter the same and not have to worry about it changing on the track as the tires heat.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I only asked because I just bought a new set of tires in Kingsport and they were inflated with nitrogen. Just wondered if any places around here did it. And I suppose if they lose any air you can just reinflate them with standard air, right? Jeez-a-loo that sounds stupid. LoL
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

That's one hell of a set of tires.
Central Warriors The start of a new ERA!!!!
From asking around you can't mix the nitrogen filled tires with just air. I asked up at walmart and if they are nitrogen filled tires they can't touch them at all. then again I might have misunderstood but if you are a few pounds under inflated you may not be able to add air to them.
boy, do I feel dumb. don't know the answers to how to inflate a tire!!!
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks